Monday, April 18, 2011

Mini Photo Shoot

This is my first post on my photography blog.  I started this blog to keep a record my learning, because there is a LOT to learn.  Hopefully over time, I'll be able to look back and see an improvement in my work.

I've had an interest in photography since I was little, getting my first camera when I was about 10.  I got my first digital camera in 2003, upgraded that in 2009 and moved to a DSLR in 2010.

Today's photos are from a mini photo shoot I did yesterday with my son.  He asked me to take a photo of a new tshirt that I bought him the day before, except none of these photos are of that particular top, lol.  He doesn't mind being in front of the camera - these are all poses he came up with :)






These are also my first real photos taken using the RAW format.  I must admit I struggled a bit with them.  I am used to using only my centre focal point when photographing my cards and that works quite well with the spot metering as it's all in the one spot.  This time I had to toggle my focal points to fit Harry into the shot which meant that the metering and focal point were not in the same spot this time **eek**  too many things to think about!  As a result a couple of them were a little underexposed.  I think in RAW I can also expose a little more to the right than I could when using the JPEG format, but I will have to do some more testing of that theory.

The RAW editing has hopefully been enhanced following a wonderful class I took with Damien Symonds.  Damien is an absolute guru when it comes to photoshop, and whilst  I have learnt a lot from his 'Clean Editing in RAW' class, I really need to go back and read it all again to ensure that ALL the information actually sinks in.

No comments:

Post a Comment